Pack Meetings are held at Black Forest Community Club. Den Meetings are held at a location of Den Leaders’ choosing.
Den Meetings – Days and Times are determined by the Den Leader.
What are Den Meetings? Den meetings are when cub scouts break off into groups with other scouts their age. The scouts work on their required and elective adventures, practice upcoming skits, and learn and perform lessons they will use for the rest of their lives. Currently, many of our dens meet at Den Leader homes on Thursday nights.
What is a Pack Committee and what do they do? The Pack Committee takes care of the administrative needs of the pack. It is organized and chaired by the Pack Committee Chairperson. The pack committee consists of the committee chair and at least three people and is responsible for:
- Finding a meeting place (Black Forest Fire Station is our standard meeting location)
- Setting the Pack policies in accordance with Boy Scouting and the chartered organization.
- Coordinating the Pack program with that of the charter organization.
- Assist with the annual Pack charter renewal.
- Is responsible for carrying out the policies and regulations of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Provides encouragement to leaders in carrying out the Pack program.
- Provides the finances and fundraising coordination for the Pack.
- Is responsible for Pack property.
- Is responsible for the quality of the adult leadership and that the leadership is recruited and trained. This is all adult leadership, including Cubmaster.
- Responsible for recommending this leadership to the charter organization for final approval.
- Coordination between the Pack and other scouting units.