Wearing the Uniform
The Uniform is a key part of the Scouting Program and should be worn with pride. In general, every Cub Scout should wear his complete Field (Class A) Uniform to all Cub Scouting activities, including Den and Pack meetings, District or Council outings, and all activities done with members of the Den or Pack.
When playing sports, going to camp, or participating in other physical activities, Pack 70 may opt to wear an activity uniform which consists of our Red Class-B Shirts and scout appropriate pants or shorts. Pack leaders will provide advance notice of which uniform to wear to an event. Class-B shirts can be purchased from the pack. See your Den Leader if you would like to purchase one.
Here are some tips for wearing the uniform:
- DO keep the uniform clean and in good repair. The official uniform is a sturdy, machine-washable garment that will last for years with proper care.
- DO be sure to wear the complete uniform. Pack 70 is a “waist up” Pack meaning a Scout in Complete uniform consists of Uniform Shirt with appropriate patches, hat, neckerchief, neckerchief slide, belt.
- DO NOT wear non-BSA badges, awards, or insignia on the Cub Scout uniform or make any alterations to the uniform or insignia. Your cub may earn and receive many patches that are not BSA patches. A scout vest or keepsake scout blanket can be purchased to put these on or we suggest creating and keeping a scrapbook.
- DO NOT mix uniform parts with non-uniform clothing, such as wearing a uniform cap with other clothing or wearing a non-uniform hat with the uniform. The uniform should be treated as a unit—worn in its entirety, or not at all.
Camping Events: The Field (Class-A) Uniform should be worn to the event and when leaving the event. If the event spans over Sunday, then The Field Uniform should be worn to any religious gathering or service offered.
- Suggestion – Put a t-shirt on under the Class-A shirt so once your scout has arrived at the campsite he can take off his Class-A shirt and neckerchief. Pack a hanger so you can hang it up inside your tent to keep it neat and clean. A Pack 70 Class-B T-shirt can be purchased from the pack. Talk to the Committee Chair or the Treasurer.
- Suggestion, keep a small container or zip lock bag to put your son’s neckerchief slide, pins, Webelos Color etc. in. This will keep all the parts together.
Any time you are uncertain about uniform regulations, ask the den leader for guidance.